The Undecided Philosopher

The ideas and rants of a former philosopher and a present-day geek....Enjoy!

Thursday, June 09, 2005

The first of many rants...

First of all, for anyone reading this blog, your anger toward its content or your praise of its witty genius should be focused on Rob H., my friend of many years, a blogger of some renown, and the reason for my registration. Rob, I am indebted.

Secondly, let me begin by stating that I fully intend to cover volumes of information in this blog, none of which will I guarantee anyone will find relevant or interesting. It will, however, be from my perspective and influenced by my life and thoughts and whatever creative muse that overwhelms me at any moment.

I am writing tonight simply because I am awake. At 1 AM, I am awake simply because I am employed. My company has a problem at one of its many sites, people need answers, and those same people have my phone number. Strange how that always seems to work out don't you think. There is a uniquely fulfilling joy to being able to assist in these moments, yet I am unsure why it exists. I am convinced that much of the human psyche is driven by this subtle desire to be needed and, therefore, to a degree, irreplaceable. Then again, I may just simply be sleep deprived.

I hope all who stumble upon these writings enjoy.

1 Comments:

  • At June 09, 2005 2:16 AM , Blogger Rob Huddleston said...

    Ben -

    Don't sell yourself short. I am sure that this will be a very interesting and compelling blog. I am so convinced that I am blogrolling your site at this instant (2:16 a.m. - at least you have an excuse for being up at this hour). Although it is rare that we vote for the same candidate, you have much to add to what Nixon called "The Arena" - both nationally and in our dear Tennessee.

    Cheers,

    Rob

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home