The Undecided Philosopher

The ideas and rants of a former philosopher and a present-day geek....Enjoy!

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Disillusionment of the DNC...

I have one question to pose to the DNC, the Democratic leadership in the House and Senate, and to all the Democratic candidates running for office this November. "What is your plan?" It is time in this country - it has been time in this country for a long while now - for the Democratic Party to stand up and stop simply screaming that President and his party are wrong. Tell the American people how you would fix the problem. Throw out some ideas. Stick your necks out and actually suggest some changes, or even theories involving changes, beyond the simple idea of "Republican bad - Democrat good".

I am a life long moderate Democrat, and nothing frustrates me more than to see my country and my party dissolved down to the basic principle that change is a solution unto itself. Changing the party in power in this country means nothing. Putting a party in power with strong, clear, potentially new, exciting ideas and executable plans - now that means everything. The VolCon has posted an excellent opinion on the state of affairs in the RNC as they relate to the primary struggle and ultimate victory of Lincoln Chafee in Rhode Island. Sadly, I can sympathize with his every word because the DNC created a very similar scenario in Connecticut this summer with its attacks on Senator Lieberman. Both parties are deevolving and we should all be concerned and ashamed.

As I posted with the VolCon, i have tried to write this post three different times and each time, I have gotten too angry to continue. This time is no different. Let me simply say that I encourage everyone to read Rob's post and understand the problems facing American politics on both sides of the aisle. Trust me when I say we are all facing a lose-lose situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home