The Undecided Philosopher

The ideas and rants of a former philosopher and a present-day geek....Enjoy!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Quick Updates from All Around...


Please forgive the haste of this entry, but with all the fun surrounding our newest member of the family combined with my self-imposed stress from a potential house swap, things are a bit hectic in the land of the Undecided Philosopher. First, I draw your attention to the handsome picture of my son staring down at Austin Blake. Michael truly adores his new cousin and has become very protective and supportive of all of Austin's needs. In fact, he insisted that he read to Austin several books and short stories his first night at the hospital.

Aunt Wilma was more than willing to hold the baby while Michael read and turned the pages. This picture also brings to mind the mixing of the generations and the quickness in which life seems to grow and change before your eyes. Here is Michael, once the baby of the family, reading to the newest little one in the fold, and Aunt Wilma holding little Austin, just as she held both Michael and Yours Truly when I came into this world. I love my Aunt and she has always been great to me and to Michael, but now she is truly a "Great Aunt" twice over.

Not to be left out, Uncle Charlie was right there ready to enjoy all the fun and excitement that comes along with a new baby boy. He has always been a loving and nurturing Uncle to both me and Michael, and I am sure he is gearing up to extend his nurturing ways to encompass Austin Blake as well.

One more quick note before I head off for my next round of meetings - Congratulations to Rob, the VolCon, and his lovely wife Angela on their 4th wedding anniversary. I was there that swelteringly hot summer day, and I can bear witness to their unwavering love and devotion. Here's to many, many more wonderful years.

1 Comments:

  • At September 01, 2006 2:46 AM , Blogger Rob Huddleston said...

    Ben -

    Yes, it was some kind of hot that day, but as it poured 4 inches of rain here today, I was thankful for the cloudless sky of August 31, 2002 - even if I wasn't at the time.

    Cheers,

    Rob

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home