The Undecided Philosopher

The ideas and rants of a former philosopher and a present-day geek....Enjoy!

Thursday, March 05, 2009

A 5-hour tour....a 5-hour tour....

Each year during this event, Alcatel-Lucent plans a grand dinner party to entertain and impress the North American contingent. My first time in Paris, this dinner was held on the Eiffel Tower, which honestly I never thought could topped because, let's be honest, when looking at things on a grand scale, few are grander than the Eiffel Tower. This year our dinner was a 5-hour Yacht cruise on the river through the heart of the city. I must say this was a magnificent event. The food was excellent; the company was very enjoyable; and the views were beyond outstanding. My pictures certainly do not do the voyage justice, but I tried my best to capture a few of the spectacular moments. The highlight of the evening came as the captain of the ship rushed us back to the Eiffel Tower just in time to see its 11pm light show. I had never witnessed this show in person or from such an amazing perspective. From the river, the tower shined directly above us, its lights glimmering across the water. If nothing else, this view was worth all the effort of traveling to France.


My dinner party, minus Ando, who was behind the camera...


A view from the river...


Eiffel prior to the lights...


Eiffel in all her glory...


This pic is for Mom...see what a good influence you are....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home