The Undecided Philosopher

The ideas and rants of a former philosopher and a present-day geek....Enjoy!

Monday, March 02, 2009

Post Breakfast - Pre Shopping in Paris...

I thought I would get a quick entry into the blog before I set out for the day to do a little sight seeing and a little shopping. It is post breakfast time here in Paris. John and I grabbed a quick bite downstairs and went across the street to the Conference center and mall. I have learned thanks to the lovely lady at the Currency Exchange window that I am only 76% the consumer here in Paris as I am in the US. Though a little stronger than I expected, the US Dollar is still quite pathetic compared to the mighty Euro.

I am not quite sure what today will bring. All museums are closed in Paris on Monday so the Louvre is out. I am thinking it might be a good day to experience Notre Dame again and perhaps make the hike up the hillside to visit Sacre Heart. Of course there will also be some shopping. I personally want to find my way to the Shakespeare Bookstore and explore a few racks. John has promised his grandson that he will bring back a fire truck, a police car, and an ambulance, so I am sure I will visit a few toys stores along the way. This, of course, is good news for Michael David as well. I also have to consider the needs of the women in my life today. My sister and mother were quite specific in their needs and wants; others were much less specific. I might even look for a snow globe or two.

No pictures this morning in this entry, but the sun is currently out and the skies are blue, so hopefully I will have a few things to share later tonight. Talk to you all very soon.

1 Comments:

  • At March 02, 2009 8:16 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I am so glad you are there safe and sound, I am enjoying the blogs very cool. By the way sorry I was specific I didnt mean to be, dont get me anything i'm just grateful for letting me borrow the car...Thanks again. Be safe and I will talk to you soon.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home